orange and almond cakeFrom jojo80 6 years ago
- 2 oranges shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 250g caster sugar shopping list
- 250g almond meal shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- Extra caster sugar for dusting before baking shopping list
- icing sugar for dusting after baking shopping list
- margarine or oil spray (for greasing the pan) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash oranges and place unpeeled, in a pot of boiling water for 2 hours. Drain the water and allow the oranges to cool. This can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Break 6 eggs into a mixing bowl or blender. Add caster sugar and beat or blend together.
- Place the two oranges into the egg mix. Break up the oranges and then blend together to a smooth consistency. Add the almond meal and baking powder and blend.
- Grease a 20 cm spring form baking pan with margarine (or vegetable oil spray) and dust with caster sugar.
- Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle caster sugar on top and bake for 1 hour to an hour and a half or until the top is golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
The Cookjojo80 Sydney, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!