Buttermilk Bran MuffinsFrom ambimom 5 years ago
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1¾ cup unprocessed wheat bran shopping list
- non-stick vegetable spray shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- ¼ cup molasses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1½ cup flour (white wheat or whole wheat) shopping list
How to make it
- This can either be done in a food processor or by hand.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl mix 1 cup buttermilk into the bran. Set aside.
- Spray muffin tins liberally with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl (egg, oil, molasses). Stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients: cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, flour and the bran mixture that was set aside. Mix well. Mixture will be dry.
- Add remaining cup of buttermilk. Stir.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.