Peanut SoupFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 stalks of celery chopped (remove the tough outer strings first) shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of flour shopping list
- 8 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- t tin of diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 12 oz jar of crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup of light cream shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- diced peanuts shopping list
- minced green onion tops shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Saute celery onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Add flour and blend.
- Pour in broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add peanut butter and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Serve hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream, a smidge of chopped peanuts, a sprinkle of green onion and a pinch of red pepper flakes.