Red Snapper With Pecan Banana ButterFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 4 red snapper fillets shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large ripe banana diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, paprika, thyme and salt on a large plate.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip fish in milk then flour mixture and cook in hot oil in batches until browned on bottom.
- Turn fillets and brown other side 4 minutes then remove to platter and keep warm.
- Drain cooking oil and wipe skillet with paper towels.
- Heat butter over medium heat and add pecans, nutmeg and salt.
- Cook stirring until pecans are lightly browned about 3 minutes.
- Add bananas and cook stirring 1 minute or just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Place fillets on warm plates then spoon some sauce over each and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!