Vegetarian crock pot chiliFrom eleven 9 years ago
- 5 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 assorted peppers, chopped and deseeded (most any small to medium size pepper will do. Some supermarkets sell them in variety packs.) You can also use bell pepper here if you like it, or even a jalapeno shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini squash, chopped shopping list
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, chili-ready if available shopping list
- 1 large can chili beans shopping list
- 1 med. can niblet corn shopping list
- 3 tbs. sherry cooking wine shopping list
- 1 package dry tortellini, 4 or 5 cheese kind shopping list
- 2 tbs. cumin shopping list
- 2 tbs. chili powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In crock pot, combine tomatoes and beans.
- In skillet, saute in olive oil the vegetables until crisp-tender. Add to vegetable mixture 1 tbs. of the cumin and the chili powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Toward end of cooking, add sherry and deglaze pan.
- Add vegetable mixture to tomatoes and beans in crock pot.
- Add corn to crock pot
- Add remaining spices, but monitor as you cook for you might want more.
- Cook for 5 hours on high, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and the tortellini
- Continue to cook until tortellini have reached al dente stage.
The Cookeleven Fort Payne, AL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!