Italian Sausage and RiceFrom pauljohn 6 years ago
How to make it
- Browned ground sausage in electric skillet.
- Once the sausage is cooked through toss in 1 cup rice and let it pick up a little of the oil from the sausage.
- Add 2 quarts of tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- The tomatoes provide enough juice to cook the rice.
- Bring it all to a simmer and let cook for about 15 minutes covered, then another 5 - 10 minutes uncovered.
- That last bit of time is mainly to let any excess fluid cook off, so once the rice is cooked to your taste, it is done whenever the consistency suits you.
- All seasoning can be adjusted to your personal taste, and if you have it you might want to use a couple of cloves of fresh garlic in when you're adding the rice.
The Cookpauljohn Murfreesboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!