Deep-Fried Oyster Mushrooms Pressed with Walnuts and ChipotleFrom karlyn255 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place chipotle peppers in a blender with the liquid in the can and blend until smooth.
- Clean the mushrooms leaving the stem on.
- Paint the mushrooms with the puree.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan to 340° F.
- Using 3 small dishes, place some flour in one, the eggs in another, and in the remaining dish the crushed walnuts.
- Coat the painted mushrooms with the flour, then dip into the eggs. Finally, coat the mushrooms with the walnuts and press the walnuts into the caps gently to ensure that they stay coated with the nuts.
- Place several mushrooms in the hot oil.
- When the mushrooms are golden brown, in about 30 seconds, remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Let drain for 30 seconds and serve immediately
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating3 people
This is a stellar recipe I love the addition of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and the walnut crust.
Five forks and a big happy smile :)trigger in loved it