Griddle CookiesFrom lunchboxer 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the pan to a medium heat, but not hot (they'll burn before the inside is done)
- Scoop small spoonsful of dough into warmed pan, spacing them about 1" apart.
- Cover them with glass lid, let bake till golden brown on the bottom for 1-2 minutes at the most.
- Flip cookies over, pressing gently to flatten them out a bit.
- Let them bake till toasty on the other side.
- Remove and put on a cool plate.
- This is very much like making pancakes, only the dough is solid, not drippy.
- This is great when you want to make cookies, but don't want to bother with heating the oven (and your kitchen). Also great if you have refrigerated dough and only want a few cookies for a snack (like for kids after school) and they'll be hot and satisfying.
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
The Rating2 people
what an interesting and great idea.... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This really is a yummy way to do cookies. I went for several years without an oven and learned how to do all kinds of things (cakes,quiche, cookies etc.) in frying pan on top of the stove. And it really does keep your kitchen cool in the summer. T...moredragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!