Pork and Lobster Egg Rolls FlorentineFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup plum preserves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can lobster, drained, cartilage removed, and finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked pork shopping list
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 8 packaged egg roll wrappers shopping list
- cooking oil or shortening for deep-fat frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For plum sauce, combine preserves, white wine vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder, and ginger in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Cover and chill.
- 2. Combine egg, lobster, pork, spinach, water chestnuts, and barlic in a bowl.
- 3. To wrap an egg roll, place the egg roll wrapper with a point toward you. Spoon 1/4 filling diagonally on the wrapper, just below the center. Fold the bottom point over filling; tuck it under filling. Fold the right and left corners over the filling to form an envelope shape. Roll the egg roll toward the remaining corner. Moisten the top point with water and press firmly to seal.
- 4. Heat 1-1/2 inches shortening or oil in a 3-quart saucepan or deep-fat fryer to 365 degrees F. Fry egg rolls, two or three at a time, for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove and drain on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Keep egg rolls warm in a 200 degree F oven while frying remaining rolls. Serve with Plum Sauce. Makes 8 appetizer servings.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!