Macaroni and Cheese With BaconFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1/4 pound bacon shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated white onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Drain cooking liquid into measuring cup adding water if necessary to make 2 cups liquid.
- Fry bacon and drain off all except 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add macaroni cooking liquid and bacon in saucepan over medium heat then stir in butter.
- Stir in flour then evaporated milk with 2 cups of water.
- Stir continuously until it starts boiling then season with salt, pepper, onion and Worcestershire.
- Add cheese and heat mixture slowly until all cheese melts then add macaroni and heat until hot.
- Serve hot with crumbled bacon on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!