Pumpkin-carrot MuffinsFrom babsalaba 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh) shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey or 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs) slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup carrots raw, grated shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins (sultanas) shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredient to the wet, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Spoon into muffin tins lined with paper cups or coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
The Rating2 people
Wow, these are great muffins!!
I have to admit I was little skeptical about there being no butter/oil and there seemed to be a lot of leavening. But it worked out perfectly! The golden raisons take on the flavor of the pumpkin and spices and you...moreCosmicmother in Canada loved it
love the addition of the golden raisins and Pumpkin fantastic recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!