Bears Vegetarian PastaFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- 1 lb. penne shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 small eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup scallions, white part only shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 /4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup small black olives, pitted shopping list
- 2 Tbs. small capers, rinsed shopping list
- 1 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, shopping list
- drained and cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- dash of Tobasco shopping list
How to make it
- To cook the eggplant, heat half the olive oil in a 8-10 inch saute pan; when hot, toss in the eggplant all at once and stir over medium high heat until lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Remove the cooked eggplant and drain on paper towels.
- To make the sauce, in the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil with the scallions and a sprinkling of salt. Cook over medium high heat until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two. Add the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, capers, and the eggplant with Tobasco and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for another 5-7 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Ten minutes before eating, bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add salt, and the pasta and stir until the pasta comes to a boil again. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender when tasted. Drain off most of the water, return the pasta to the cooking pot, and toss in all the vegetable mixture. Mix well, taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.