Basic Potato Soup With 4 VariationsFrom bostonorganics 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and enough cold water to cover by 3 inches.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are quite soft.
- Drain the vegetables, reserving the liquid, and mash them, adding the soymilk and the reserved cooking water.
- Puree the vegetables. Add more water or soymilk as desired.
- Return the soup to the stove and warm before serving
The Cookbostonorganics Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
Years ago, Hub was in the hospital for 2+ months with a naso-gastric feeding tube, and all he got to eat was canned dietary supplement. The first thing he wanted after the tube was removed, was mashed potatoes and gravy. When he got home, he asked me...morewindy1950 in Flint loved it
Potato soup is one of my all time favorites, potato leek is one I make on a regular basis.
I love the idea of adding watercress.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it