Smoked Pork TenderloinFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins about 14 ounces each shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups apple wood chips shopping list
- 1 cup apple wood chips soaked in water for 30 minutes shopping list
- Basting Liquid: shopping list
- 1/3 cup spice blend shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup creole mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all spices into a bowl and mix well then separate 1/3 cup and set aside.
- Using sharp boning knife remove silver skin from tenderloins.
- Coat each tenderloin with one teaspoon oil then rub remaining spice on tenderloins.
- Place tenderloins into plastic bag and marinate refrigerated at least 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloins from refrigerator and bring to room temperature before smoking.
- Prepare grill for use as a smoker then preheat grill on high heat.
- Poke several holes into bottom of disposable pie plate.
- Squeeze excess water from wet chips and place them into pie plate.
- Add dry chips and mix then place plate directly on top of heat source below grill grate.
- Place tenderloins on grill and sear turning often for 5 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat under chips to medium low and turn the other burners off.
- Move tenderloins over burners that are off then close lid and smoke 1-1/2 hours.
- In saucepan combine reserved spice mixture with remaining basting liquid ingredients.
- Warm over low heat then baste tenderloins three times during smoking process.
- Combine Creole mustard and syrup and mix until well combined then cover and chill.
- Remove tenderloins from grill then cover meat with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!