Chocolate cake Squares with Nutty Caramel SauceFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL dark cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramel candies shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup pecan pieces shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4. Remove wrappers from caramels. Combine caramels and water in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and well blended. Stir in pecans; cool until thickened slightly. Cut cake into squares; serve with warm caramel nut sauce and sweetened whipped cream, if desired. 9 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
There ya go with the caramel sauce - I can't resist that, and on chocolate besides...oh yeah!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
wow ok peeta i love caramel as you know yum yum i love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OMG that looks so heavenly and great flavours - awesome recipe...5aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!