Chocolate Chip Cookies The BestFrom barb101 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla well.
- Sift together the flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers place golf ball size dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- NOTE: It is very important you not exceed the cooking time given above, even if the cookies appear to be underbaked. When the cookies are removed from the oven the sugar in them will stay hot and continue the cooking process. The finished product should be soft in the middle and crunchy around the edges.
- For variation of this cookie substitute milk chocolate for the semi sweet chocolate and or add 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts to the recipe before baking. Although you can sub margagine for butter, you will have the best results from butter. The cookie will have a richer taste and will be crisper around the edges like the original.
People Who Like This Dish 62
The Cookbarb101 Van Nuys (Los Angeles), CA
The Rating14 people
Best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had!! =Daimee in Studio City loved it
You got my mouth watering for some choc chip coiokies now... I will have to make some tomorrow..... Thanks..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Passing this off to the daugher... she does bake! Will be needing new jeans after eating these babys!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!