Ground Beef-Cabbage BunsFrom yellowrider 8 years ago
- 1 package frozen bread dough OR prepare bread dough through first rise shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw bread dough.
- In a large pot over medium heat place olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft. Add in ground beef, worcestershire sauce, mustards, salt and pepper. Cook until ground beef is totally brown. Add cabbage, cook until tender. Continue cooking until all liquid is absorbed. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut loaf of thawed dough into eight (8) equal pieces. Roll out each piece of dough about 1/4 inch thick by 4 inch diameter (or so it is large enough to drape over your open hand. Place filling into dough (approximately 1/2 cup) being careful to leave an edge that has NOT been moistened by the filling (If the edges are moist they won't stick together). Fold over edges and pinch together. Place the filled dough (pinched side up or down, your choice) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Cool on wire rack.