Mango and Carrot CakeFrom crivers 5 years ago
- 225g plain flour shopping list
- 3 heaped tsps baking powder shopping list
- 175g dark brown soft sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp ground corriander shopping list
- 1 tsp mixed spice shopping list
- 100g sultanas shopping list
- 100g fresh diced mangoes shopping list
- 450g grated carrots shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 250ml skimmed or semi-skimmed milk shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 100g quark (soft cheese) shopping list
- zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 100g icing sugar shopping list
- a few poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Line a 450g (1lb) round cake tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment, or use a non-stick tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, ground corriander, spice, sultanas, and diced mangoes. Add the grated carrots and stir well.
- Mix the beaten egg with the milk. Stir into the mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes. To test if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer into the cake. The skewer should come out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- Before serving, make the topping (if using) by mixing together the quark, orange zest and icing sugar until smooth.
- Spread over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
The Cookcrivers Essex, GB
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!