Stewed Green TomatoesFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cups sliced green tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pinch of black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (I usually use a little more) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar-to temper the tart tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley(garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in melted butter in sauce pan until light brown.
- Add the chopped green tomatoes.
- Stir and cook the tomatoes slowly until they are tender.
- Season with the remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Good over rice or cheesy grits.
- Nice with a grilled meat or sausages.