Baked Chicken SoupStewFrom bojangles42 5 years ago
- 6-8 chicken thighs with skin and on the bone shopping list
- 4 c water shopping list
- 1 T instant chicken stock powder shopping list
- 1 c sliced celery shopping list
- 1 c chopped onion shopping list
- 1 c chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c sliced green beans or peas or a mixture of the two (frozen is fine) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy roasting pot with an oven safe cover add the water
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, chicken stock powder.
- Add the chicken, pushing down under the vegetables.
- Cover and bake in a 300 F oven for 3 hours
- Remove the chicken and let cool until you can work with it
- Remove the bones, skin, and any cartillage
- Shred or chop the rest
- Skim as much of the chicken fat off the remaining liquid in the pot.
- Stir the flour into the 2 c. of chicken broth
- Add to the pot and cook over med heat until it boils and thickens slightly
- Add the chicken and the beans/peas
- Heat until beans are tender
- If the soup is too thick, thin with water or broth
- Check for salt and pepper
- Serve in bowls
- To make a hot dish - Make biscuits (or use a can of pre-made biscuits) Arrange on the top of the soup (thicken the soup first with some roue) and bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until the biscuit are done.