Slow Cooker Irish Lamb StewFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 3/4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 large leeks, white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lamb, potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.
- Serve with Some Warm Irish Freckle Bread...Yum!
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating3 people
A GORGEOUS, comfort food stew!
I should'a been Irish! :+D
HIGH FIVE, Chef T!
Do you grow your own leeks too?
I LOVE home-grown leeks!chefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Love lamb, and I bet this stew would taste just csrumptious! Wish I had a bowl right now!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!