Szechuan ChickenFrom schizoangel 6 years ago
- 7 green bellpeppers shopping list
- 2 broccoli stalks shopping list
- 12 green onions shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp. ginger(fresh) shopping list
- 7 chicken breasts shopping list
- 8 dried arbol chilies(or other small spicy chile) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. black bean Garlic Sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. plum sauce shopping list
- cornstarch shopping list
- peanut oil shopping list
- sesame oil(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Dice bellpeppers and broccoli into bite size pieces, and cut the green onions into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces, and put into a bowl of cold water mixed with 3 Tbsp. cornstarch. It should be high enough to cover all the chicken. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Grate the ginger with the skins shaved off, and grate into a small bowl. Reserve.
- Soak the chilies in hot water to re-hydrate while you work.
- Drain most of the water from the chicken, leave about a couple teaspoons of water left. Mix in more cornstarch until it's a paste that covers the chicken(will help make a nice sauce). Mix together thoroughly.
- Add peanut oil to your wok, enough to cover the bottom and sides. Add a drizzle of sesame oil for flavor, and heat till when a drop of water is thrown in, it sizzles.
- Add chicken to heated wok and add salt and pepper to taste. Brown the chicken. Reserve in a bowl when cooked.
- Add a little more oil to the bottom of the wok and heat.
- Dice the chilies fast and small, and add to the heated oil. Stir for 30 seconds or so.
- Add ginger and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add green onions in, and another 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli pieces, and cook for a minute to two.
- Add the bellpeppers, and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken, and then the sauces right after. Add more of each sauce in equal parts if not enough.
- Serve over hot rice.