Chicken Scaloppine with Lemon-Caper SauceFrom brianna 8 years ago
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 Tblspns all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- Sauce:- shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tblspn drained capers shopping list
- 1 tblspn all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between sheets of waxed paper.
- Pound to 1/4" thickness
- Combine flour, salt, pepper & chili powder in a shallow plate.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour mixture to lightly coat both sides.
- Brush a large skillet with olive oil & heat over medium heat.
- Place chicken in hot pan in a single layer & cook for about 1 1/2 mins.
- Turn over & cook about 1 1/2 mins until chicken is no longer pink in center. Set side & keep warm
- If pan isn't large enough to fit all of the chicken, repeat until all chicken is cooked, brushing pan with oil before each batch.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, lemon juice, flour & capers.
- Pour into skillet & boil for 1 - 2 mins or until thickened
- Serve immediately over chicken
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating5 people
I love Scaloppine be it chicken,pork or turkey! This sounds fantastic! Capers.... need.... capers....
Thanks for posting this,
Markmark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Sunday is my day to cook for the week, so being that I had some chicken breasts in the fridge and love Scaloppini, I fixed this dish. I cannot give you any more forks sorry. The capers add a nice peppery taste to the lemon sauce. I might cut back on ...moremark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
I will try this next chicken or pork or turkey meal thanks, sounds amazing!gagagrits in Irmo loved it