Maple-Mustard Country-Style RibsFrom pauljohn 5 years ago
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices, separated into rings shopping list
- 1 cup maple-flavored syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup spicy brown mustard or country-style Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 lb. country-style pork ribs, trimmed of fat, cut into 3-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ribs in skillet with a little bit of oil.
- Place onion rings in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine syrup and mustard; mix well.
- Put ribs into slow cooker on over onion rings.
- Spread evenly over ribs, reserving approximately 1/3rd of mixture. Place coated ribs over onion.
- Cover; cook on low setting for at least 8 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker, set to high.
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- Add water mixture, plus reserved syrup/mustard mixture to the crockpot, stir and let it warm up and thicken a bit.
- Return ribs to crockpot to coat with sauce.