Ice Cream BrowniesFrom aussie_meat_pie 6 years ago
- 125g (4 oz) butter, chopped shopping list
- 185g (6 oz) dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup (250g/8 oz) caster sugar shopping list
- 2 Tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup (125g/4 oz) plain flour, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 cup (60g/2 oz) walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 litre chocolate chip ice cream shopping list
- Fudge Sauce***** shopping list
- 100g (3 1/3 oz) dark chocolate shopping list
- 60g (2 oz) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (115g-3 2/3 oz) cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180 d C (350 d F/Gas 4). Lightly brush a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12 inch) with melted butter or oil. Line base with baking paper, extending over 2 sides. Place the butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water or until butter and chocolate have melted. Remove the bowl from the heat; cool slightly.
- Whisk in the caster sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs. Sift the flour into the bowl, stir until just combined and fold the walnuts through. Don't overbeat. Spread into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Leave in the tin until the mixture is completely cold.
- Soften the ice cream slightly. spread evenly on a foil-lined tray to form a 15 x 20 cm (6 x 8 inch) rectangle. Cover and re-freeze.
- Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into 12 squares. Working quickly with the ice cream, cut 6 portions the same size as the Brownies. Sandwich the ice cream between the brownies, dust the tops with icing sugar and serve with fudge sauce.
- To Make Fudge Sauce: Stir all the ingredients in a medium bowl, over a pan of simmering water, until melted and smooth.