Corn and chive muffinsFrom aussie_meat_pie 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) self-raising flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 oz) wheatgerm shopping list
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced fresh chives shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 150ml (5 fl oz) low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) olive oil shopping list
- 200g (6 1/2 oz) drained canned corn kernels shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to hot 220 d C (425 d F) and oil a 12 hole, 1/2 cup capacity muffin tray. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the wheatgerm and chives and stir well. Make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs and milk lightly and add to the well in the flour with the oil and corn. Stir quickly until just combined. The batter may look lumpy.
- Spoon into the tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool in tray for 2 minutes, then turn out and serve warm.