Oatmeal On The GoFrom michellem 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup regular oats (not instant) shopping list
- 6 tbsp. whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original), ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor shopping list
- 1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated) shopping list
- 1/3 cup Gerber peaches (or another brand of pureed peaches, found in the baby food aisle) shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. golden raisins shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Ocean Spray craisins (original) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, not packed shopping list
- 2 tsp. coffee-mate sugar Free French vanilla powdered creamer shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop raisins and Craisins into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, Fiber One crumbs, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve Coffee-mate into 2 tbsp. hot water. Add all other wet ingredients (pureed peaches, pumpkin, and egg substitute), and mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely blended. Slowly sprinkle chopped raisins and Craisins into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together.
- Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 4 evenly spaced circles. Spread batter out a bit with the back of a spoon. Place pan in the oven for 12 - 14 minutes (until tops of the treats are just slightly crispy). Remove pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then grab 'n go!
- MAKES 4 SERVINGS 154 calories, 1.5g fat, 166mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 5g protein
- If you don't feel like whipping out the blender to grind that Fiber One, simply leave the F1 crumbs out of the recipe. Your cookies won't be as high in fiber, but they'll still taste great and clock in with a POINTS® value of 2* each.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating4 people
Great Recipe Michelle. Always Looking For A Tasty Breakfast Bar Recipe. Don't Like Paying The High Prices For Ready Made Breakfast Bars In The Grocery Store. Plus, You Can Control All Of The Ingredients In These.
Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
love the bran cereal and wheat flour great post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow this is a great recipe!!!jabec in Kingston loved it