Roast Leg Of LambFrom karlyn255 7 years ago
How to make it
- Trim lamb of fat. Cut slits about 1/2" deep all over lamb and insert slivers of garlic.
- Rub all over with olive oil.
- Combine salt, pepper, and herbs and rub herb mixture all over lamb.
- Allow to sit at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast lamb for 15 minutes at 450 degrees, then turn oven down to 350.
- Continue to roast until desired degree of doneness is reached, about an hour for medium rare.
- Baste with pan juices once or twice.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Potatoes, carrots, and onions may be roasted in pan with lamb. Baste occasionally.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating4 people
Lamb hates me! I have never been successful with chops, legs, whatever... That said, this recipe sounds easy enough that perhaps I might just be able to turn our something edible for once, karlyn! My sincere thanks and my ^5. I'll let you know ho...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sounds just like my grandmother's recipe. She was a "mother's helper" before she got married and made leg of lamb like this every week.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it