Clear Leek and Shrimp SoupFrom misahungry 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks shopping list
- 1 garlic clove; crushed shopping list
- 2 cups fresh shrimp (cleaned) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsleyp chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a soup pot
- Add leeks and crushed garlic. Saute for 1 minute
- Add shrimp and continue to saute for 1 minute
- Add chicken stock and season to taste with parsley, pepper, and crushed pepper.
- Return to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until shrimp is fully cooked.
- (For an Oriental flavor, add 2 tsp sesame or chili oil)