Spring Vegetable FrittataFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 3 medium carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 large eggs, beaten with a fork shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups smoked Gouda OR mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add carrots and asparagus.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 to 6 minutes until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Drain well.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook 5 minutes OR until bottoms of potatoes are lightly browned.
- Turn with a spatula and press down, pushing potatoes up sides of pan.
- Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt with the eggs.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Top with carrots and asparagus.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes until eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and scallions.
- Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese.