Homemade Red Pepper Hummus DipFrom playswithfood 4 years ago
- 1 15 ou can of no salt added garbanzo beans (chick peas) or freshly prepared from dried beans shopping list
- 2 large roasted sweet red peppers, water-packed in jar (recommend: Divina brand) or freshly roasted, skins removed shopping list
- 2 TB sesame tahini (recommend: Arrowhead Mills Organic) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 TB fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground (or more depending on desired heat level) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sweet or smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt shopping list
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil (fruity variety if possible) Optional shopping list
How to make it
- Blend the above ingredients in your food processor or blender until quite smooth.
- Drizzle olive oil into mixture while blending if desired. Adding olive oil will lend additional smoothness and flavor - but it is not necessary for this recipe.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with a sprinkling of paprika and chopped parsley and enjoy!
- You can prepare this dip in advance. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days (but it won’t last that long!).
- Serve with fresh vegetables, soft or toasted breads.
The Cookplayswithfood Bend, OR
The Rating4 people
What a great recipe ~ 5 :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Looks yummy! And not high fat!je_suis_cindy in Whereever loved it