Molto Mario Flourless Chocolate espresso Cake Torta di CioccolatoFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 5 tablespoons instant espresso shopping list
- 6 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder shopping list
- 6 tablespoons dark rum or marsala 1 1/2 cups ground, toasted, blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting shopping list
- flour,regular or gluten free, for coating the pan shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a glass bowl over simmering water. Once the butter melts, whisk in the sugar and the egg yolks, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly so that the eggs become ribbon-like and light in color (don't scramble.) Whisk in the coffee, cocoa powder, rum and almonds, and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the cake mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a clean, separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until the just begin to stiffen and hold soft peaks. Be sure to stop before they form hard peaks. Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until firm and beginning to separate from the sides, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 30 minutes more. Flip cake over, dust with confectioners' sugar and cut into wedges before serving.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
I love this recipe. Thank you!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
ohhhhh yeah baby !!!!! i love these flourless cakes and tortes yummy ............thanks peeta
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oooh! This is like a big chocolate truffel. Great recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it