Hoisin Chicken Lettuce WrapsFrom playswithfood 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil shopping list
- 2 - 3 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, grated (fresh is the key!) shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped (about a 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts or 4-6 thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup bottled hoisin sauce (highly recommend Lee Kum Kee brand) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (not seasoned) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (prep in advance of starting recipe) shopping list
- 12 large red or green-leaf lettuce leaves (or serve with rice!) shopping list
How to make it
- This goes very fast!
- Heat a wok or a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat - then add oil.
- Add ginger and 2 tablespoons scallions and stir-fry until ginger is fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add small cubed chicken and stir-fry until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and toasted pine nuts and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons scallions.
- Serve by spooning hoisin chicken into lettuce leaves or over rice.
- Original recipe found in Gourmet Magazine 2006 This is my adaptation. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookplayswithfood Bend, OR
The Rating6 people
What no hanky panky awwwww hehe - great recipe thanks for sharing :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Looks great! :)adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
These look wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it