Coconut Oatmeal Lace CookieFrom grumpybaker 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups Crisco shortening (no substitutes like butter or margarine) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 Tbs. graded orange rind. (orange part only) shopping list
- 3 cups Old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour and salt together and set aside.
- In a mixer bowl blend together the shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla and orange rind.
- Add in all the dry ingredients. and mix well.
- Fold in the oats and coconut by hand.
- drop by teaspoon size amounts onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Allow 2 inches between cookies.
- Flatten the cookies with a knife which has been dipped in ice water.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.
- Careful not to burn them!
- Remove them fairly quickly from the cookie sheets.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on paper towels.
- Do NOT store these cookies in a tightly sealed container, they will loose there crisp texture.
The Cookgrumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
The Rating4 people
Yup-- what Quaziefly said - it has happened to me too! Don't feel bad, Grumpy, and HIGH FIVE to ya! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
sound really yummy, can't wait to try them, I'm a sucker for a good cookie!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
I think at one time or another we have all been there. Sometimes posting a second time when we thought the other did not make it. I know that I am guilty. A "FIVE" on account!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it