Crispy Orange Cinnamon CookieFrom grumpybaker 7 years ago
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. orange zest shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp sugar & approx. 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. shopping list
- Note: This mixture will be used for coating the dough balls shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients
- Mix in the remaining 3 dry ingredients
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls.
- Mix together the cinnamon and the 3-4 Tbsp. sugar in a shallow bowl. Coat the dough balls well with this mixture.
- Place the balls on cookie sheets, but do not crowd them together.
- Using the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped into the sugar.cinnamon mixture flatten the cookie balls to around 1/2" thick.
- Bake the cookies 15-18 minutes, or just until they are lightly browned on top.
The Cookgrumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
The Rating3 people
I am all about crunchy cookies, much better than the soft. and I do love orange and cinnamon....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Polly Motzko here from Southern CA! I just created a new group called "Kids in the Kitchen" that encourages parents and kids to cook together and have lots of good family memories. This recipe was perfect for it. It sounds like it c...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it