Best Salmon Cake Recipe EverFrom glowbees 8 years ago
- --1 can salmon shopping list
- --2 small onions, or 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- --1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- --2 tbl. chopped red sweet pepper from a jar shopping list
- --2 tbl. capers (yum!!) shopping list
- --1 egg shopping list
- --2 tsp. apple cider vinegar shopping list
- --2 tbl. mayo shopping list
- --1 cup bread crumbs seasoned to taste w/powdered steak seasoning shopping list
- --Half tsp. salt & pepper shopping list
- --half tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- --1 tbl. sweet basil (fresh or in a jar) shopping list
- --2 cups extra virgin olive oil or any cooking oil you like shopping list
How to make it
- One group that you will be mixing in one bowl to then set aside:
- ~bread crumbs
- ~steak seasoning
- ~salt & pepper
- ~garlic powder
- A second group, your liquids mixed in another bowl, set aside:
- Your third group, your veggies and fish mixed together, also set aside:
- ~basil (I know the basil is dry, but it looks great mixed in this portion!)
- Mix together your liquids with your moist portions (veggies & salmon). Should be nice and chunky (I've had better results if you mash your salmon up versus keeping it chunky, so mash away!).
- Take spoonfuls of your "salmon mash" into palm-sized balls. Flatten and then pack on the breading, or your dry portions. I've gotten better results by palming the mash itself and grabbing handfuls of breading to pat all together better covering the outside of the patty. That way I can get it really thick on the fronts and backs.
- Once your oil is heated, work quickly to lay all your patties within the pan. Take caution, the oil may splatter. Please also know that the patties will cook FAST! Combine all that to the fact that your hands will be messy.
- Get the patties a nice deep brown (not burned, but well done), place them on something very absorbant to soak up the oil. Eat them when they're hot/warm, but don't leave them on the absorbant towel for too long, it will soften the bread crumbs and it won't be crisp anymore.
- Just made these yesterday and fried them. I think I get better and better at these. They are SO good!!!
The Cookglowbees Wixom, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!