Cherry Date CookiesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 3 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 packages (8-oz. each) Sun-Maid Chopped dates shopping list
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural raisins shopping list
- 1 jar (10-oz.) maraschino cherries, drained, dried and chopped shopping list
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- COMBINE melted butter, brown sugar and soda in a large mixing bowl.
- BEAT in eggs, one at a time.
- ADD pecans, dates, raisins and cherries.
- COMBINE 3-1/2 cups flour, spices and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to date mixture, stirring well. Add up to 1/2 cup additional flour, if needed, to make slightly firm dough.
- DROP dough by rounded spoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- BAKE at 350 F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- COOL on wire racks.
- Makes about 8 dozen
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
These babies are just loaded with goodness! Sounds sooo goood!juels in Clayton loved it
What a combination of flavors. I had never thought of putting dates, cherries, pecans and raisins together in a cookie. My mouth watering thinking about it. High 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
this sounds wonderful and makes a lot of cookies love the ingredients thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!