Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans Pears and BrieFrom capebretonqt 8 years ago
- 1/3 c. pecan halves shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. icing sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 8 c. baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 c. radicchio shopping list
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored and diced shopping list
- 2 oz. brie, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Rinse the pecans with cold water. Drain, but don't let them dry. Combine the icing sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a small bowl. Dip the pecans in the sugar mixture, coating well. Spread on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the center of oven. Remove and cool. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them.
- Combine the spinach, radicchio pear and brie in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together the orange juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, garlic, honey and mustard in small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with candied pecans.