Caramel Apple EmpanadasFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 1 (36-count) package frozen roll dough, defrosted shopping list
- according to package directions shopping list
- 10 caramel candies, each cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups peeled, chopped apples, peeled shopping list
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine caramel pieces and flour. Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice; mix well.
- Place dough for one roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons apple mixture onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush each empanada with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Bake empanadas for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Makes 36 Empanadas
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!