Sweet Chocolate BreadFrom brianna 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter - softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs - lightly beaten shopping list
- 8 ozs semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- finely grated rind of 1 orange shopping list
- 2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 2 lb loaf pan & line the base with wax paper
- Cream together the butter & sugar in a mixer bowl until light & fluffy
- Gradually add the beaten eggs, beating well after each addition. If the mixture begins to curdle, beat in 1 - 2 Tblspns iof the flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts & the orange rind.
- Sift the flour & carefully fold it into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan & make a slight dip in the center of the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 mins & carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve cut into thin slices.
- NOTE:- Dried cranberries also work well in place of the raisins in this recipe.
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating1 people
YUMMY picture is awsome betbread is too high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it