Strawberry Onion SaladFrom whodunitrdr 7 years ago
- 1 head romaine lettuce ; torn shopping list
- 2 cups fresh strawberries ; sliced shopping list
- 1 small red onion ; thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds ; toasted shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and sliced onion, separated into rings.
- Top with almonds.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl or jar and mix well.
- Pour over salad and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTES : If fresh strawberries are not available, use fresh orange sections and use orange juice instead of milk in the dressing. To make it ahead of time, have all of the salad ingredients layered in a bowl and the dressing in a jar and toss just before serving.