Grasshopper CakeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 20 crème de menthe thin mints shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan; line with waxed paper.
- On another sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, cocoa, and salt
- . In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar just until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 3 minutes or until mixture is light and creamy, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined, occasionally scraping bowl
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack, about 40 minutes
- Meanwhile, with vegetable peeler, shave a long side of each mint lengthwise to equal 1/2 cup chocolate curls. (You can only shave about half of each mint before it breaks.) Set aside curls for sprinkling on top of assembled cake. Chop broken pieces and reserve for use in filling (you will have about 1/3 cup chopped mints)
- With small knife, loosen cake sides from waxed paper; invert cake onto cutting board. Carefully remove waxed paper. With sharp knife, trim 1/4 inch from each side of cake. Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal rectangles (about 9 1/2" by 4 1/2" each)
- . In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula, gently fold reserved chopped mints into whipped cream.
- Place 1 cake rectangle on serving plate; top with 1 generous cup whipped cream mixture and spread evenly. Repeat 2 times with remaining cake and cream mixture. Sprinkle top with mint chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate cake if not serving right away.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!