Banana BreadFrom bostonmargy 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp double-acting baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 - 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups ripe banana pulp shopping list
- 1/2 cup broken nut meats (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan (a standard sized loaf pan).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine
- In a separate bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and lemon rind. Add eggs and banana pulp and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients in three parts to liquid, stir just to combine. Fold in nut meats if desired.
- Scrape the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before slicing.
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!