Rhubarb Crumb CakeFrom canadianbakertoo 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, (she called for shortening) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract (used almond extract) shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 or 3 cups diced rhubarb shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts ( used slivered almonds) shopping list
How to make it
- In your stand mixer cream sugars and butter (shortening) until creamy. Beat in egg. Add sour cream and almond extract. Combine until just mixed.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and blend until just mixed.
- Take off mixer and fold in rhubarb
- Pour into 9" X 9" baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping to top of cake.
- Bake 350º for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tootpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you are using frozen rhubarb bake 15 minutes longer.