Simple Brazilian FlanFrom worldbimperial 4 years ago
How to make it
- Add the sugar to a medium heavy saucepan over medium low heat. When sugar starts to melt, stir gently and occasionally until it starts to turns light, clear brown; do not let it burn.
- Be carefull at this point the sugar will be extremely hot! Use oven mits to pour the caramelized sugar into a ring mold/or pan. Swirl the sugar over the sides to completely cover the pan.
- For the flan: Mix all of the ingredients with a blender or mixer. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated but do not overmix as it will cause bubbles in your flan.
- Pour mixture into the mold/pan. Put the mold/pan into a larger pan with water in it to make a 'bain marie'.
- Carefully put this into the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. Check with a toothpick in the center of the flan to make sure it is set up.
- Carefully remove your pan from the oven as the water will be very hot.
- Cool the flan for a few hours or better yet overnight in the refrigerator and invert into a serving plate that is large enough to accomodate the flan and some of the caramel.
The Cookworldbimperial Austin
The Rating5 people
My Goodness This Sounds Tasty! I Have Been Hungering For Some Good Flan Lately.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
wow super great post high5 thanks love the simple quick and easy recipes.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
My favorite memories of S. American travels... thanks for the post... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!