Confetti Black Eyed Pea SaladFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black-eyed peas shopping list
- 1 large tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 clove crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Empty the canned beans into a colander. Rinse them well and let them drain completely.
- Mix the beans, peppers, onion, celery, parsley, cilantro and basil.
- In a separate dish prepare the dressing by whisking the balsamic, olive oil, cayenne, salt, sugar and crushed garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture, toss well and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Over night is even better.
- Nutrition Information:
- Calories 133
- Fat 4.1
- Carbs 19.4
- Protein 5.8
- Fiber 4.6
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating4 people
Sounds super!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Really great recipe, thanks so much...=) ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I love black eyed peas in salad. Good stuff.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it