Rolled Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe - Make It Thick or ThinFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup gluten Free All Purpose flour Mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder OR dry powdered milk OR Vance's Dari-Free Powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Agar-Agar powder (Vegan ) OR unflavored gelatin powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast granules shopping list
- 1 teaspoons sugar OR 1/2 teaspoon honey OR agave nectar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water (hot water will kill the yeast!) shopping list
- Extra tapioca flour for rolling the pizza dough shopping list
- gluten Free cornmeal to sprinkle on baking sheet shopping list
- ........................................................................................... shopping list
- gluten Free sorghum flour Blend Recipe shopping list
- 2 cups sorghum flour shopping list
- 2 cups brown rice flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch, not potato flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour shopping list
- Sift each ingredient into a large mixing bowl. shopping list
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients with a large whisk. shopping list
- Store mix in a large container, in the refrigerator or a cool dark location. shopping list
- Label the container gluten Free All Purpose flour Mix shopping list
- Make 8 cups shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with gluten free cornmeal.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed together.
- Add sugar or honey or agave nectar, vinegar, olive oil and gradually add water.
- Mix on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Scrape the thick dough on to a large clean surface liberally sprinkled with tapioca flour.
- Work enough tapioca flour into the dough so that it can be shaped into a large ball. With a large knife cut the dough in half to make two medium pizzas.
- The key to shaping this dough is to continue to sprinkle the work surface and the dough with tapioca flour.
- Shape each piece into a circle making sure to sprinkle enough tapioca flour on the dough and the work surface to prevent it from sticking.
- With a rolling pin shape the dough into circles. Roll thin for New York style pizzas or thick for Chicago deep dish style.
- Carefully place one prepared pizza crust on baking sheet or pizza stone (see tips) sprinkled with corn meal and bake for about 5 minutes or until the dough is firm. This is called parbaking. Repeat with second pizza.
- Top pizzas with your favorite ingredients and bake an additional 7-10 minutes or until done. Or cool parbaked crusts, wrap and freeze for convenience.
- Yield: 1 large, or 2 medium or 3 small pizza crusts
- A pizza stone creates crisp crusts by absorbing moisture in dough. If you like your pizzas crisp consider using a pizza stone.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!