Sinaloan Chicken PosoleFrom dianartimus 8 years ago
- 1 large whole chicken cleaned shopping list
- 1 large 32oz can of hominy shopping list
- 1 large 8oz can of diced green chilies (these are mild) shopping list
- 4 cups La Victoria or Ortega mild salsa shopping list
- 1 bunch of cilantro washed and minced, big stems cut off and discarded shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, trimmed shopping list
- 1 T paprika shopping list
- 1 t Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste shopping list
- 6 limes washed and quartered and put in small dish to share shopping list
- Warmed corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken in a large 8 qt stock pot and cover with water and bring to a boil, once water boils, drop heat to simmer, cover and let cook for 1 hour till chicken starts to easily fall off the bones. Turn off heat and let cool 1 hour.
- Drain and strain off liquid into another large pot, separate meat from skin and bones and add meat back into broth, discard bones and skin.
- Add hominy to chicken and broth.
- Turn on heat on stove to medium, add salsa, cilantro, chilies, garlic, paprika and seasoned salt to chicken and broth and stir mixture well. Bring to a simmer and turn heat to low for 1 hour. Hominy will be tender and flavors will be well blended.
- Serve in deep bowls with fresh lime juice squirted on top. Very rich and flavorful, serve with hot corn tortillas.