Chili Beef Stuffed ZucchiniFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 4 zucchini(about 2 lbs.),halved lengthwise and seeded shopping list
- 2 Tbs wxra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tomatoes,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup jarred pickled jalapeno chilies,finely chopped shopping list
- one 8oz. bag mexican-style shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450. Arrange zucchini cut side up in 9x13" baking dish. Add 1/2c water to dish,cover with foil and bake till zucchini begins to soften,about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile,in a med. skillet,heat olive oil ocer med-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened,about 3 mins. Add the beef and cumin and cook,breaking meat up,until just browned,about 4 mins;season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes and pickled jalapenos.
- Uncover the baking dish,pour off water and season the zucchini wit salt. Fill with the beef mixture and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake,uncovered until the cheese is melted,about 10 mins.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Sounds good pleclare thanks for sharing bet it's really yummy with those lovely ingredients.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Wow! Usually I use sausage meat for this, pat. I can assure you that I will be using beef next time! Thanks/my five!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Yummo! Another good one, love stuffed zucchini, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it