Fruit And Nut Easter EggsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/2 lb. marshmallow cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 cups candied fruit (pineapple and cherries) shopping list
- nuts shopping list
- Dipping chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, cook sugar, syrup and water to 265F on a candy thermometer.
- Add marshmallow creme and beat until almost firm.
- Add melted shortening, confectioner's sugar, candied fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Shape eggs by hand and dip in dipping chocolate.
- Makes 10 eggs, which will keep for 6-8 months.