Fruit And Nut Easter EggsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1/2 lb. marshmallow cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 cups candied fruit (pineapple and cherries) shopping list
- nuts shopping list
- Dipping chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, cook sugar, syrup and water to 265F on a candy thermometer.
- Add marshmallow creme and beat until almost firm.
- Add melted shortening, confectioner's sugar, candied fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Shape eggs by hand and dip in dipping chocolate.
- Makes 10 eggs, which will keep for 6-8 months.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
Peeta, I know the candy you are talking about and I bet this one is pretty close. Thanks for posting another great one!
Pattim2googee in Tomball loved it
Very good. The mixture wouldn't hold the egg shape right away - it would flatten out. I put it into silicone muffin pans and set in the 'fridge for about 15 minutes to cool. Then I popped them out, shaped them and returned them to the 'fridge on a p...moreWinnie45 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!